Fitness Qatar was asked to design a fun and active team building day with an element of competition by the Maersk Oil Qatar SAP Department.
The department has approximately 90 eligible members and the event was required to be held over 4 hours, outdoors, initially in the morning on a weekday in November.
FQ designed a team event day which would comprise 9 events over the course of the day with 18 teams of 5 people participating. Some events would be individual efforts and others for the full team.
Following a short client meeting the 9 events were agreed upon from a number of ideas presented by Fitness Qatar. These events would be as follows:
- Obstacle course (pictured) – a 6 obstacle race against time
- Basketball challenge – a team event to score as quickly as possible
- Farmers walk – an individual test of strength and determination
- Throw and catch – an innovative human catapult throw and catch game
- Biathlon fitness challenge – a team test of endurance
- Balance Beam – a team event testing balance
- Football challenge – a team penalty shoot-out with a twist
- Stretcher race – a team event to test team work and endurance
- Sack Race – a team race using the traditional school sports day theme
FQ completed the planning and organisation of the event schedule, location booking, staffing and catering shortly after the confirmed request was received. With one week’s notice the timing was required to be changed to an evening event. FQ quickly sourced lighting and altered the location booking to allow the event to continue once the sun had set.
On the event day the set up was complete early morning. However, some delays at the client meant attendees were up to 40 minutes late and there were a number of late cancellations. FQ quickly reshuffled the teams and got the event started and by the first break the event was back on schedule. All 9 events plus the debrief and prizegiving were completed by the 1900 close.
A testimonial letter can be viewed here Testimonial letter
The following are quotes from feedback received from Maersk Oil Qatar:
“An excellent event, thoroughly enjoyed participating in all the games – the obstacle course was fantastic”
“A very well organized teambuilding event, can’t wait for the next”
“Fantastic effort from all at Fitness Qatar – very professional, great fun”